Items in any of the following conditions are unacceptable for listing on Amazon.com:
- Item does not work perfectly in every regard.
- Item is not clean, including signs of mold, heavy staining, or corrosion.
- Item is damaged in a way that renders it difficult to use.
- Item is missing essential accompanying material or parts. (This does not necessarily include instructions.)
- Item requires repair or service.
- Item was not created by the original manufacturer or copyright holder. This includes copies, counterfeits, replicas, and imitations.
- Item was originally distributed as a promotional copy, promotional bundle, product sample, or advance reading copy. This includes uncorrected proofs of in-print or not-yet-published books.
- Any aspect of the item is obscured and not able to be read or viewed because of markings, stickers, or other damage.
- Item is prohibited for sale on Amazon.com.
For more information, see Restricted Products.
Only full retail versions of software may be sold on Amazon.com. See Software & Computer Games for a list of software products that are prohibited for sale on Amazon.com.
Categories Requiring Approval
For some product categories, sellers may not create product listings without prior approval from Amazon. In addition, sellers may be required to obtain additional approval to list certain products in certain categories. To request access to a specific category, see Categories Requiring Approval.