What are eBay Item Level Options?
eBay Item Level allows you to have much more control over your listings. If you do not touch any of these settings, your listing will easily work using your default settings.
These item level options can be found in any individual item editor.
You do not need to fill out item level options to list an item. These options automatically use your default settings. You will see, for example, Autopay: “Setting: off” – that means that by default, autopay will not be used. You only need to change item level options if you wish to override your default settings.
Any field that is empty by default corresponds to a value elsewhere in the editor, if left empty (both “0” and blank are considered empty), it will use that value.
A . Site: the eBay site, you will list on. This will usually be your default country site, but if you sometimes sell on a different site, this is where you would make that distinction.
(Note: eBay Motors is an independent site, and is the most common time you may need to switch from your default)
B. Template: select from your pre-installed eBay templates for this listing. For more information on how to import your templates check out our guide here.
C. Best Offer: you may either have this on or off by default, but if you would like to change that for a particular listing, this is where you do it. (In this example, it is off by default, but by selecting “true” from the drop down, it can be turned on).
The Best offer minimum price is the minimum price that will be entertained by you the seller and the auto accept price is the prices that will eBay will automatically accept (and result in a sale).
D. Immediate pay : will turn autopay on or off on eBay. This requires a customer to immediately pay for an item they purchase.
E. Domestic & Internaitional Shipping: To learn how to use this section in detail check out our guide here. You will only need to use this section if you would like to use a different shipping method for eBay customers, or offer multiple shipping options to eBay customers.
F. Ship Details:
1. Ship Time - If an item usually ships slower (or faster) than your default, you can note that here
2. Get it Fast - only possible if you offer an overnight shipping option. It will display a banner on your listing so customers know you offer overnight shipping
3. Package - the type of package it will ship in
4. Postal Code & Location - only necessary if you ship from multiple locations. It will tell eBay what location to display on the listing (helps estimate ship times). Only fill out one field, we recommend Postal Code.
5. Handling Fee - if you want to charge a handling fee only to eBay customers, put it here (otherwise put it in Handling Fee field with the rest of the shipping items higher up the page
6. Irregular - mark if the item ships as irregular shape
1. Returns Accepted: will you accept returns for this item?
2. Within: if so, what is the maximum number of days after purchase that the item can be returned?
3. For: money back refund only? Or will you offer and exchange/replacement option?
4. Who pays the return shipping?
5. Will there be a restocking fee? If left blank, no restocking fee will be assessed.
H. Subtitle: if you would like a subtitle to appear below the listing title (as below). Note: eBay charges an extra fee for every listing that uses this.