There are two ways to use SureDone to list products on eBay. This section deals with listing a single product on eBay using our listing tool. Once you understand the basics here of what information needs to go in each listing you will also be ready for listing items in bulk, covered in Section 14.
Managing your eBay listings through SureDone provides a wide array of advanced features, which can be found in the subsequent sections of the eBay training guide below. In order to focus on the basic procedure needed to push new products from SureDone to eBay, this section will only focus on the required fields.
eBay Required Fields:
Images (at least one)
Item Specifics (only for certain categories)
To create a new listing:
1. Once logged into SureDone, click on Products in the top menu bar.
2. Select New Product.
3. Start by filling out the general fields.
a. In the image below, we have added information for 4 of the eBay required fields (Title, Stock, Price, and Condition).
b. All the data you input in the general tab will automatically be used in eBay listing and will show as ghosted fields (grey text) in the corresponding eBay fields.
4. There are also some recommended fields to fill out in this section.
a. The fields: Brand, Size, Color, Style, Notes, and SKU
b. Use the Notes field to describe the condition of any item not listed as new.
c. If you are using the SKU generator, then you may leave the SKU field blank.
5. Now that you have added all the general fields, you should select which channels to list the product you are creating.
6. Since the system defaults to listing on all channels, uncheck all of the boxes for the channels you do not want to list on from the list on the right.
7. Click on the eBay instance in the menu on the left to quickly navigate to the eBay only fields.
8. The title will appear gray in the eBay only section because it is "ghosted" from the general information you provided above. The eBay specific field for title is still blank and so the general title will be sent with the listing. Verify that the title you added in the General tab is what you want displayed on eBay.
a. If not, you may alter the pre-copied title, as we have done here. Make sure that you are under 80 characters, using the character count on the right hand side of the title bar.
b. Changes here will be added to the eBay title field, only appear on eBay - and not affect the title in the General section or on other channels.
9. Verify the price, copied down from the General tab, is what you want to use for eBay. Edit this field if necessary by clicking in the field and adjusting the value.
10. While not shown in the eBay specific fields, Descriptions added in the General Section are sent to eBay with the listing.
11. You will now need to add an eBay Category ID.
a. See Section 2.4.6 to learn more about Category IDs.
b. You can use the search bar to look up the category you need.
c. You can then select from the list of provided categories.
d. This will fill out the Category ID for you.
e. You can always add a second category by clicking on the “Show second category” button at the bottom of the Category ID field section.
12. If item specific fields are required for you category scroll down to fill out these fields.
a. You can find a detailed discussion of item specifics in Section 2.2.4.
12. You will now need to add the last required field, an image.
a. Click on the media section from the menu on the left, if you would like to add an image.
b. If you have the image stored on your computer, click on browse to add the image file or drag and drop the image into the browser.
b. You can also post a URL of the image, if you already have the image loaded to the web.
c. Copy the URL of the image into the box.
d. Click on “+ Add Image.
13. Click the add button to list the product on eBay.
a. If you are not ready to list the product, you can use the create a draft button, so you can finish listing later.
b. If you want to start over without listing, click the Reset Button.
Now that you have created an eBay listing, you can always make changes by 2.2.1Editing an eBay Listing.
You can remove the listing from eBay by 2.2.2Ending an eBay Listing.
If you have similar items you would like to create you can do so quickly by 2.2.3 Copying an eBay Listing.