Edit Items: Success
ebayid:83 Failure | ErrorCode:5
ShortMessage:XML Parse error.
LongMessage:XML Error Text: "; nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1c) was found in the CDATA section.".
; nested exception is: org.xml.sax.SAXParseException: An invalid XML character (Unicode: 0x1c) was found in the CDATA section.
This error is caused by hidden characters that were not properly encoded or formatted from somewhere - usually the description, or sometimes the title. The characters are usually invisible in web browsers due to the nature of Unicode Encoding.
To find and remove these characters:
1. Go to the Full Description box and turn the text editor ON
2. Copy and paste the Description out and into MS Word
3. Delete out the hidden uincode characters (they could be blank boxes and other garbage characters, basically anything that shouldn't be there)
4. Delete the Full Description from SureDone (leave the text editor ON)
5. Paste from MS Word back into the Full Description (leave the text editor ON)
6. Check and finish your other updates
7. Update Item!
Note: If you don't find the Unicode here, try the same process on your Title and/or eBay Title fields.
Note: This can also be a problem in the Custom Description - to find those characters, you may need an advanced text editor (Try Sublime Text 2 for free)