This guide is a part of the “Introduction to Bulk” Series - for maximum learning, please read all the guides in the series! To view the whole series, go here!
After the file is uploaded it will begin processing. Larger uploads can take some time. While the file is processing you will see the status as “Pending.” Once the file is done processing, the status will change to Complete and a results file will appear. This guide will tell you how to read these files & use them to assure everything processes as you'd expect.
Even for experienced users, it's important to check the results files after you do a bulk upload to make sure that everything processed as you expected.
- To access your results files -
Once you have uploaded a bulk file, you will want to check to ensure that your import went smoothly.
1. Go to Bulk Uploads.
2. Click on Results.
3. Find the upload you need.
- Request Date: The timestamp of the upload (local time)
- The number of actions (products edited/edited/etc)
4. Click the second blue “Download” link to get the "Results File"
- You can also download the file uploaded for reference.
- The file will download to your downloads folder - locate it and open it in a spreadsheet application such as Excel.
- How to Use The Results File -
The results file always exports the same headers, here is what they mean:
- Line - This is the line in the bulk upload file that corresponds to this result (excluding the headers)
- Action - This tells you what action was performed on the product in the bulk upload file.
- Guid - (could also be ID or SKU depending on the identifier used) This tells you which product the action was performed on.
- Result - This is the SureDone result. It tells you if the changes in your spreadsheet were saved to SureDone. It does not tell you if it listed correctly to your channels.
- Errors - This tells you whether the product listed correctly on your channels. No errors means it listed successfully. If there are any critical errors (the kind that would prevent information from being saved, or a new listing being created on any channel) they will be placed here.
- Messages - This is where an additional messages from the channels will be, such as Warnings - these should not stop your listings from going through, but are important to address.
- Notices- Notices are all other messages, usually from SureDone, are placed here.
The most important columns to check are the results and errors columns as it will tell you if your listings are going through or not. If there is an error here then you need to address it. It will usually be clear what the issue is, such as missing or invalid data. Flags Set at the bottom of Column 1 are to remind you of which selections you made before upload, such as skipping certain channels or importing media. You can look up common error codes here.
- Getting a “success” message in the results column does not guarantee your listing went through.
- Amazon always shows success due to their queuing system.
Now that you've successfully uploaded a product edit and checked the results. Go back and fix any erros in your upload before moving on. You'll want to make sure that you can edit products successfully before trying to add products from scratch.
Once you've got that down, the next guide will explain how to Upload Images to Products in Bulk.