SureDone now connects to Shopify using a "Custom App". If you are using the SureDone Shopify Plugin you should change to the Custom App immediately to ensure all products, product updates, orders and tracking are synchronized between platforms.
TABLE OF CONTENTS
- Installing a New Shopify Channel
- Creating a Shopify Custom App
- Adding the Custom App Credentials to SureDone
- Video Walkthrough
Installing a New Shopify Channel
Navigate to Channels>Add Channels on the main dashboard page in your SureDone account and click on "Add Channel" next to Shopify:
If you already have any "Unauthorized Shopify Channels" in your SureDone account, you will see below options:
Creating a Shopify Custom App
Once you select from the required options from above, you will be taken automatically to the "Authorization" page with detailed instructions as below:
Step 1: Create a Custom App
1. From your Shopify admin page, click Settings > Apps and sales channels.
2. Click Develop apps for your store. If necessary, click Allow custom app development.
3. Click Create an app.
4. In the modal window, enter the App name and select an App developer.
5. Click Create app.
Step 2: Select API scopes
1. Click Configure Admin API Scopes.
2. Check all boxes for all of the various permissions where possible. At minimum you need to select:
write_products, write_product_listings, write_orders, write_inventory, read_locations, write_fulfillments, write_assigned_fulfillment_orders, write_third_party_fulfillment_orders, write_merchant_managed_fulfillment_orders, write_shipping, write_price_rules.
3. Click Save.
Step 3: Install the app
1. Click Install app
2. Go to API Credentials, under Admin API access token click Reveal token once and copy it.
3. Provide the token in the form below along with your shop url.
Adding the Custom App Credentials to SureDone
Within your Shopify configuration on SureDone, update the following fields using the above information:
This video walks you through how to create the custom app.