There is a lot of information in here to cover every possibility. If you simply want to create a category with no "bells and whistles", follow steps 1, 2, 3, 5, 8.
1. Hover over Storefront and click Categories.
2. Click New Category.
3. To start, we will cover the URI, Title, Nav Title, Nav Order and Nav Display.
URI is what will be shown in the URL - example: http://domainname.com/new-category/ If you do not enter this, SureDone will automatically take the title you enter, add hyphens and lowercase the words.
Title is what is shown on the page when you click on the category.
Nav Title is the Navigation Title. If this category will be shown in the navigation bar (the ). Possibly you want a shorter name than the Title. Most of the time, this will be the same as the Title.
Nav Order is the order you want the option on the navigation. The Navigation Title is not needed to create a new category, but if you want the navigation bar on the Suredone Storefront to have a label that differs from the Category title this is where you would change that.
Nav Display is a toggle that defaults to OFF. When you have the category ready to display in your navigation, turn this on.
4. Label - which is below the Nav Title option, is solely for the navigation.
- If you want to create a non-clickable section without breaking apart your categories, you can add a label. Look at the example below. Category1 is Helmets while the white text categories are Category2.
- Street Helmets is a label on the category Full-Face Helmets.
- If I wanted to create another section called Dirt Bike Helmets, I could add the label on Half-Helmets and it would create that label above Half-Helmets
5. Store Category has to be typed out to be assigned correctly.
If you want this category as a top-level category, checkbox Edit and then type out the category name under Store Category.
If this is a Sub-Category, select the 1st category and then click Edit on the second line so you can type the name of the Sub Category.
6. Referencing the image above, Query is only used if you want to create a "category" link that is really a search.
- This works just like the SureDone search so you can enter price:<10 to search all items with a price under $10. Rel is only used if you are using the Query.
- Leave this blank and it the Category will only search the query.
- Choose And to create a category and add the query search.
Choose Or to display the Query search if no results display from the Category.
7. To add an image, in the Media section, click Choose Files to select your image(s) to upload them.
- If you enter a URL and click Add Image, SureDone will not host your image but reference the URL.
- If the image link is broken, SureDone cannot download the image.
It's best to download the image and upload it through SureDone.
Tags are used if you want to give the option of the items showing in a category and also displaying in a tagged section.
- An example would be Small if you wanted to tag each item that's a size Small but you want the items to show under the Brand/Category of Nike but then also show up in tag of Small.
Store HTML Title by default, SureDone uses the Category Name.
- Store Name as the HTML Title. If you want to change this, enter it here.
Store Meta Description - Describe your category for best search results.
- By default, this is blank.
Full Description - this description is displayed within the category itself.
- Use full HTML, images, links, divs, etc to structure the way your category is displayed ABOVE the results of your items in that category.
Additional Content displayed in the image below, if your template uses the tag Content, this is an additional section to be displayed in your Categories page.
8. After you are finished setting this category up, click Add and your new store category will be created!