Need specific discount/promo codes for the holidays, sales or new customers? You can easily create and edit your discount codes for your eCommerce Storefront.
Discount/Promo codes allow you to give customers a code they can use at checkout to generate specific discount like 15% off, $10 off, or even Free Shipping.
PLEASE NOTE: DISCOUNT/PROMO CODES CAN EACH BE USED MULTIPLE TIMES - SO PAY CLOSE ATTENTION TO THEIR USE BY CUSTOMERS AND ENSURE THEY HAVEN'T BEEN PASSED TO PEOPLE WHO SHOULD NOT HAVE THEM.
Create a Discount/Promo Code:
2. Turn the "Enable Discount Codes" toggle to On.
3. Fill out the discount code form.
- Status: Change the status of a discount code to be On or Off.
- Code: Enter the code you want your buyers to use at checkout. The code is not case sensitive so if you have BUY123 and they enter buy123, it will still work.
- Name: The display name of the discount code. After the buyer applies the code, this will display for the buyer to show they’ve applied a promotional discount.
- Type: the two options are Rate and Amount.
- Rate gives a discount based on a percentage of the order subtotal.
- Amount gives a discount of fixed currency amount from the subtotal
- Rate: If entering an Amount Type, disregard this field. If you are doing 15% off, enter “0.15”
- Amount: If entering a Rate Type, disregard this field. To honor $5 off, enter “5”.
- Expires: Every Promotional Code must have an expiration date. The date selected will be the date it no longer works. Example: If you select December 31, the last day to use the code is December 30th.
- Minimum: This is the minimum amount a customer must spend before they can apply the promotional code in your site's currency.
- Free Shipping: If turned “On,” then the code will also remove any shipping cost – this can be combined with a Rate or Amount Promo, or standalone.
- No Taxes: Similarly, if set to “On,” then the code will remove any tax cost.
5. Press “Save Promo”.
Note: You MUST click Save Promo to save your code.
- Warning: Clicking Save Settings at the very bottom will not save the promo code.
Edit an Existing Discount/Promo Code:
2. Select an existing promo/discount code from the drop-down at the top of “Codes”.
3. Modify any field on the code except the code itself (see above section for reference).
- Note: If you enter a different “Code”, it will create a new code, leaving the old one active for customers.
4. Press “Save Promo”.