After activating your storefront, you can make basic updates without a developer's help. If you still need to 4.1, activate your Storefront, please do so before continuing.
Uploading your store logo:
The logo you find under Settings > General is used for more than just your storefront.
You will also find this logo:
- On your invoices
- Your eBay template if it using the default logo
- Be sure you have scaled down your logo prior to uploading. We will not scale it for you, so extra large logos will look odd.
- Image Size: Start at around 250px wide and see if this works for your storefront.
- Image Type: We recommend PNG images with transparent backgrounds. Having a transparent background will allow you to change the color of the rest of the page and still have the logo look correct (as opposed to having a rectangular white (or other color) block behind it.
- Remember the logo represents your company and your brand, so get it done right!
Go to Settings > General
- If you would like to upload a new logo, click on the "Change" toggle.
- Click on "Choose File" and then select the file from your local computer drive.
- Click on "Save Settings" at the bottom of the page.
- If you make an error or don't want to do this, click the "Undo" checkbox or refresh your page.
Go to Settings > General
- Click on the "Input" toggle
- Enter the URL for the image file, complete with http:// or https:// at the beginning
- Click on "Save Settings" at the bottom of the page
- If you make an error or don't want to to this, click the "Undo" checkbox or refresh your page.
Warning: If you upload a large image, chances are the image does not scale to size.
Updating Your Site Favicon:
You can also add a Favicon, the small 16px X 16px image you see next to the URL in the browser, here under Settings > Storefront > Display Options.
- You cannot upload a regular .jpg or .png
- You have to use an .ico.
You can generate this .ico by going to favicon.cc.
- This would generally be 128px X 128px so your website can be saved as an icon on a mobile device.
- This can be a .png file.
Updating Your Site Homepage Title and Description:
- These are crucial to have filled out for search engines when displaying your website.
Optimal title length is 50-60 characters.
- It’s best to keep it under 55 characters to maximize search engines display results on mobile devices.
Optimal description length is 150-160 characters.
- Be sure this description makes sense.
- If it is jumbled up and is just filling spaces, this isn’t enticing for the reader.
- Be sure that both the title and description accurately describe what you provide.
Include keywords that would help buyers find your website.
Linking your Storefront to Social Media:
Linking your Storefront to your Social Media accounts increases the visibility of your Web Store.
- If your website's footer has social media links, you can add your links in this section.
If your links do not appear after adding them here, speak to your template designer about where the proper place to enter these would be.
You are now ready to start 4.3 Listing Products to your StoreFront.