File Only Import
When you import from Magento, SureDone will create a formatted bulk results file, which you can use to upload the items into SureDone.
To create the items in SureDone:
1. Go to Settings > Plugins > Magento and click on “Import Products” to start the import. The import may take a few minutes or a few hours, depending on the size of your inventory.
· Once the import is complete, a file will appear under “Bulk Results”
2. Download the bulk results file by going to Products>Bulk Uploads>Results.
3. Download the Results file you need to your computer and open the file in Excel.
4. Click on the first column and insert a row to the left of the first column.
5. In the inserted column, enter action=‘start’, ‘add’, or ‘edit’.
· action=start will create a draft listing of each item in the list
· action=add will create and list each item.
· action=edit will map to existing products and update the listing.
By default the file is set to action=start
Remember that fields like price & title are often mapped to both price & magentoprice
- Take time to review the file and only import the headers you need to avoid overwriting existing data.
- If the newly imported field is not already in SureDone, SureDone will automatically create a new custom field for the information along with the import.
- There are a few standard Magento headers we use – See the Using Bulk Functionality with Magento in section 6.4 for more information.
Special Headers for Variations
When creating variations, SureDone will use the SKU of the first Child Variant in Magento as the SureDone SKU for that product.
- On products imported from Magento, be sure to always include the magentoparent header to indicate which parent umbrella each variant goes under, since the parents are not imported into SureDone.